27 Times Cinema
ARE YOU A FILM BUFF?
DO YOU ENJOY SHARING YOUR LOVE FOR MOVIES WITH OTHERS?
DO YOU DREAM TO GO TO THE VENICE FILM FESTIVAL?
27 TIMES CINEMA WILL TURN YOUR DREAM INTO REALITY!
27 TIMES CINEMA* invites 27 young European filmgoers (one participant per member state of the European Union) to attend the 2021 Venice Film Festival as Jury Members of the Giornate degli Autori selection.
Who can participate?
- Film lovers aged between 18 and 25,
- Excellent English skills (reading, written, and spoken) are required,
- Good ability to write articles and blogs.
- Active on either Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat.
- Luxembourg nationality
How to participate?
- Do and send a video-selfie in which you explain what cinema means for you. Start the video saying “Cinema for me is…”
- Shoot it in English,
- In high resolution (Full HD: 1920x1080 px) and with an excellent audio recording,
- Duration: 30 seconds,
- The video should contain the following information: Name and country of origin.
Take a look to the Europa Cinemas’ Vimeo channel to check out previous year’s examples.
Fill, download and send the online application form
The video selfie and the application form should be sent via Wetransfer to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday, May 20, 2021.
What happens if you’re the lucky one?
You win a flight ticket to Venice and get free accommodation. You’ll be offered a free festival accreditation.
Important: You should commit yourself to:
- Be present in Venice before the start of the festival from Tuesday 31th August to Sunday 12th September 2021 (festival dates: 1-11 September).
- Be a Jury Member for the films competing for the Giornate degli Autori selection. A festival accreditation (giving priority access to screenings of the Giornate degli Autori) will be provided.
- Take part in round tables, discussions, masterclasses, and workshops focused on improving their communication skills as influencer and social animator so that they could be actively involved in raising the awareness on the LUX audience award.
- Contribute to the Europa Cinemas website and social networks.
- Promote and spread the word about the new LUX Audience Award after the festival using the knowledge and skills learned in Venice in their own networks and social media community.
- Attend events organized in the frame of the LUX Audience Award (mainly January-May of the following year) and helping with promotional and follow-up communication.
- Be available to participate in the LUX Selection panel meeting for LUX Audience Award 2022 edition, which takes place usually between June-September (1-2 days) – (if selected).
- Use the following months after the festival to promote and spread the new LUX Prize - European Audience Film Award using the tools learned in Venice and their own capacity in terms of networking and established web community.
- Participate in events organized in the frame of the LUX Prize - European Audience Film Award (mainly January-May of the following year).
Don’t miss this unique opportunity! Let your dream become true!
* Launched jointly in 2010 by the European Parliament’s LUX Audience Award, Giornate degli Autori and Europa Cinemas, 27 Times Cinema will welcome 27 filmgoers who will represent a film theatre of the Europa Cinemas network as well as one of the 27 member states of the European Union.
For further information about this initiative please visit: